Garage door openers are becoming more accessible and affordable. These days, owing a garage door opener is not a luxury for a growing number of consumers, especially when opening or closing a garage door becomes physically challenging.
Garage Door Opener: What to Look For
When considering the installation of a garage door opener, there are some basic features consumers must bear in mind. Firstly, the motor must be powerful enough to safely raise and lower the door, in order to avoid structural damages. Secondly, the quietness of the operation is also appreciated, especially if there’s a room above the garage. And there is always the question of keeping your home safe and avoiding break-ins. Finally, for these simple reasons, you should seriously consider a professional installation.
Exitech — The Door Specialist since 1983
The professionals at Exitech, the door specialist have been selling and installing residential, commercial and industrial garage doors, and garage door openers, since 1983. Also, they’ve often recommend installing LiftMaster® Garage Door Openers, a company that offers quite a range of garage door openers. Here is quick look at some of these garage door openers:
LiftMaster Elite Series 8850W
- This garage door opener uses a powerful belt-drive system, and yet it is extremely quiet.
- Energy-efficient, it consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- A backup battery will let you open and close your garage door, even when the power is out.
- Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to monitor and control your garage door opener from your phone, tablet or computer.
LiftMaster Elite Series 8500
- Wall-mounted garage door opener to free the ceiling of hanging operators, and open up space for additional storage.
- Extremely quiet because it eliminates sound and vibrations through the ceiling.
- It also has a backup battery and it can be linked to a mobile app with a LiftMaster Internet Gateway.
- 200 watts remote light with an adjustable light time delay.
In the Contractor Series, LiftMaster 8165
- This is a powerful garage door opener with its ½ HP AC motor with an industrial-strength chain drive that provides performance and lifting power.
- This one is built for rugged reliable performance
Garage door opener—Security
Exitech, the door specialist’s LiftMaster garage door openers offer numerous safety and security features. Namely, a warning system that provides and audible warnings when the door is about to close; and a safety system that has sensors that project a light beam across the garage door opening automatically reversing the door if anything interrupts the beam.
Finally, save yourself a lot of worries, and get your garage door opener installed professionally by one the Exitech, the door specialist’s 24 specialists. This is one thing that you should leave to the pros!